Monday, October 10, 2011

Mark Zuckerberg is so cute.....and awkward

Aside from the fact that Mark decided to roll out "Timeline" in a Steve Jobs sort of way, my question is: "Are users going to appreciate their entire Facebook life out at once?"

Let me give you a little bit of background into Facebook Timeline if you don't already know. Facebook Timeline is the new profile that Facebook is unveiling in the coming weeks. It will allow your friends to not only see what you have been doing recently, but what you have done in the X amount of years you have been on Facebook. You can actually go back to the year that you joined Facebook and see what you were doing. Do people really want that much information out online? My generation has some sort of posting fetish that allows them to spill their emotions everywhere to anyone that will listen to them. I am guilty of this back when I was in high school and posted some pretty dark stuff about my life. I certainly do not want an employer looking at that!

In the coming weeks I promise you that you will hear your friends complain about the new profile. This has become a great tradition! Mark Zuckerberg described the original Facebook as being the first 5 minutes of a conversation, the 2008 version as being the first 15 minutes, and this new version as being the rest of the conversation. Well, if this is the rest, then what is the point of even dating someone? Time will only tell if users will enjoy having that much of their life online.

No comments:

Post a Comment