Saturday, September 25, 2010

Facebook crashes!!

Okay, this is really weird!! My last post was about how a Northeastern school was going to block social media to see the impact on the students life. Thursday September, 23rd around 3pm Facebook was experiencing problems and I could not log on!! I first thought it was some joke, haha Facebook. Good one! It did not hit me until I got to work that day that I realized this was no joke!  I sat down at my desk and tried to load Facebook like I normally do. (I am just going to share my nerdness with you and admit that I am in love with Facebook games and if I don't get to play them at work I am not happy and I sit there and pout.)
I had just started this new game and I was about to level up and I had been waiting all day to play it at work and Facebook was officially not working!! So I tweeted about it, "Why is Facebook not working?!?!?!!!!!" (yes those were my exact words). As I sat there on twitter I decided that maybe I could follow Facebook to see what the deal was. Well, much to my amazement, the server was down and they were fixing the problem. I love how all social media works together for the common good!

This made me think about what I did before Facebook. I really can't remember, which is kind of sad. Facebook from a marketing standpoint is a goldmine!! It links ads to your particular interests and because of this feature alone I have learned about so many more products and have become a more informed consumer. I think all of this knowledge about products can be a double edged sword, but as long as companies positively endorse their brand without bashing anyone else I will still be looking at what they have to say. That is unless Facebook crashes again! 

3 comments:

  1. I was at work when the facebook crash of September 2010 happened lol so I didn't feel any of the effects. When I got on later I was surprised to see all the status updates about it on there. Its funny you mentioned the games because my Mom's was about that too. She couldn't get to her farmville crops in time an she was all bent out of shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the library in betweens classes that day and I was wondering what was going on as well. It acutely helped me out though instead of spending part of my time on Facebook, I just gave up and started on some homework. Thanks for this post I was just thinking technology hated me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it's got a name. "The FB CRASH of 2010." I'm sure this will go down in history as a day when many suffered...I did not take it well either.

    ReplyDelete