Monday, September 26, 2011

So... I'm finally on Google+

Google+ vs. Facebook: The Gloves Are Off [OPINION]In my last post about Google+ I was excited to join the site, and I also wondered if the new service would ever replace Facebook. After joining the service, I added people to my circles and finished my profile. Now what? I get that it is in trail mode and that you are supposed to invite your friends through email, but honestly I don't think  it is going to replace Facebook anytime soon. I know that I do not have a big email base because all of my friends are on Facebook and I can message them.

Google+ is a good concept, but the execution is a little bit off. If there was a way to transfer your Facebook friends over, it would be a little bit better. What I really like is that if you start a huddle, you can finish the conversation on your phone kind of like a mass text. But what is the fun of doing this if people are not leaving Facebook to adopt Google+?

All in All, I am pleased. Although, I feel like I will have to wait until they go completely public before this new service blows up. Facebook, beware! Google+ will pick up users left and right, and if you don't keep up, you may end up like MySpace! Rest in Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment