Thursday, January 13, 2011

My two cents about Social Media Marketing

By now I guess you have gathered from my blog that I am a Senior at WKU and am majoring in Marketing with a concentration in Social Media. I love seeing social media being used for the greater good of an organization and I am sickened when companies like Motorola ignore it.
My best friend is abroad in Ireland and she had found an international sim card to put in her Motorola Backflip and she didn't know what to do with it. Being confused myself, I decided to get on my new favorite site, Twitter, and mention Motorola in a tweet asking for help. Well, as you can see I posted this on January 6th and as of today, January 13th, I have not heard anything. This bothers me because 30 minutes after I posted this @MotoMobile had tweeted again. Going back to January 6th, they tweeted 11 times and they have tweeted 25 times since then. Going back and looking at the content of these tweets they have mentioned other people and thanked them for support or for mentioning they positively.

All I wanted was some help for my friend and I couldn't even get that. This is some really bad news for Motorola because not only did I send out another tweet discouraging my friends from buying a Motorola phone, but now I am writing about their very poor customer service in my blog! If they had taken about 5 minutes out of their day to get in contact with me all of this would have been solved, but I guess not everyone is a Social Media Marketing major.

No comments:

Post a Comment