Monday, March 21, 2011

Real websites vs. Facebook pages

Have you noticed lately that every website mentioned in a commercial is a Facebook page. Take tide for example: when they come out with something new, they always reference their Facebook page.

Companies are now catching on that if they don't write about, someone else will and you cannot control what they say about you. A company can influence the conversation about them online, but they cannot control it fully like they could 10 years ago.

I have learned at my new job at Griffs (doing social media marketing) that you have to get consumers involved in the conversation for them to care about you and your product. If they care about you, they will have more brand loyalty and you will move up in their evoked set.

I like that companies are catching onto this social media wave that has happened lately. I know that I was on Facebook earlier looking for a particular bag that I saw. Real websites will always be around, but companies on Facebook will only increase from this point on.

No comments:

Post a Comment